Friday we got up and got going (ok, fine, Dan got up and got going and I slept in a bit) and we went to Covent Garden. I had been there with Cora and CW the first time I went to London, but it is always worth a wander. While I did not find anything at the booths, I did stumble across L'Artisan Parfumerie. This is the shop in Paris that I found an Amber perfume I really liked, but then I didn't find the shop again and I left town. So this time I had to try out the two Amber scents again, but thankfully I went back tot he shop and bought the perfume. It was a good thing too because all day I kept smelling myself and the scent was still perfect at the end of the day. I also like Covent Gardens because there are public bathrooms. Just another reason why London is so wonderful. You can always find a bathroom.
We took the tube north to Camden Town and met the canal boat right as it was going through the lock and they said we could join the tour. The canals go through the zoo and St. Regents Park. I love boat rides and this one did not disappoint. Our tour guide said she grew up on the canal and it was in her blood. She does tours throughout the summer and then in the off season she is an artist and does commissioned paintings of motorbikes. I was ready to chuck my job and live on the canal, but then I realized I didn't know how to paint. After the boat ride I was hungry for lunch and so we stopped at a bar on the canal adn I had my last fish and chips and a Stella for lunch. Camden can be a bit overwhelming and so we only covered a small portion of it. I found the shop where I bought my 1960's Liberty dress last time I was in London and I found yet another 1960's Liberty dress. What are the odds? This one was a bit frillier then the other one (and the other one is a wee bit Little House on the Prairie), but I tried it on and stepped out of the dressing room and Dan just about fell over laughing at me. It was also a little big, so I didn't buy it. Not because it was too frilly, but because it was too big. I can totally rock the Little House on the Prairie look and I have been doing so since high school. I did find a 1950's sheath dress that is a lovely autumnal print and color. It didn't hurt that it was only 12 quid or about 15 USD.
At that point we were shopped out and so we headed back to the hotel for a rest. I caught up on some emails and did my homework that may have been a day or so overdue. I thank goodness that this class will be over soon and I can have the summer off. By the time we got up and going it was around 9 o'clock. Dan's tradition is to go to Hard Rock Cafe his first night in town, well I mucked that up because we met Cora and CW-which was delightful. I do not think I had ever been to Hard Rock and so we went. We walked through Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park all the way to Hyde Park Corner. When we got there they said it was an hour and a half wait, but I didn't have a plan B so we decided to wait. They gave us a buzzer and we went across the street to the Hard Rock shop where Dan bought a tshirt. I found myself tempted by a sweatshirt, but decided against it. They have a small bar around back where you can go wait and while we were having a drink they buzzed that our table was ready. I had a delicious vegi burger, which made me happy because I have not had one since Christmas. We then walked home following the park, but staying to the well lit road.
We took the tube north to Camden Town and met the canal boat right as it was going through the lock and they said we could join the tour. The canals go through the zoo and St. Regents Park. I love boat rides and this one did not disappoint. Our tour guide said she grew up on the canal and it was in her blood. She does tours throughout the summer and then in the off season she is an artist and does commissioned paintings of motorbikes. I was ready to chuck my job and live on the canal, but then I realized I didn't know how to paint. After the boat ride I was hungry for lunch and so we stopped at a bar on the canal adn I had my last fish and chips and a Stella for lunch. Camden can be a bit overwhelming and so we only covered a small portion of it. I found the shop where I bought my 1960's Liberty dress last time I was in London and I found yet another 1960's Liberty dress. What are the odds? This one was a bit frillier then the other one (and the other one is a wee bit Little House on the Prairie), but I tried it on and stepped out of the dressing room and Dan just about fell over laughing at me. It was also a little big, so I didn't buy it. Not because it was too frilly, but because it was too big. I can totally rock the Little House on the Prairie look and I have been doing so since high school. I did find a 1950's sheath dress that is a lovely autumnal print and color. It didn't hurt that it was only 12 quid or about 15 USD.
At that point we were shopped out and so we headed back to the hotel for a rest. I caught up on some emails and did my homework that may have been a day or so overdue. I thank goodness that this class will be over soon and I can have the summer off. By the time we got up and going it was around 9 o'clock. Dan's tradition is to go to Hard Rock Cafe his first night in town, well I mucked that up because we met Cora and CW-which was delightful. I do not think I had ever been to Hard Rock and so we went. We walked through Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park all the way to Hyde Park Corner. When we got there they said it was an hour and a half wait, but I didn't have a plan B so we decided to wait. They gave us a buzzer and we went across the street to the Hard Rock shop where Dan bought a tshirt. I found myself tempted by a sweatshirt, but decided against it. They have a small bar around back where you can go wait and while we were having a drink they buzzed that our table was ready. I had a delicious vegi burger, which made me happy because I have not had one since Christmas. We then walked home following the park, but staying to the well lit road.
No comments:
Post a Comment