Thursday, November 11, 2010

Laundry

I put my clothes out to air dry on a rack on the patio off of my bedroom. I went to gather up my clean clothes that are now nice and dusty and a pigeon had pooped on my sweater. Not once-twice. My poor lovely yellow sweater. I'm running it through the wash again and I hope it will come out poopless.

That leads me to, did I ever tell you the story about the guards and the pigeons. This happened before I was here, thankfully, but there are a lot of pigeons that roost in our compound. In fact, in one of the window boxes (for lack of a better word, we cannot for the life of us figure out why these things exist) a pigeon laid its nest. Two wee rats, I mean pigeons, chirped away until they were big enough to fly away and poop on my sweater. So, anyways, there are a lot of pigeons and the guards decided one night that the best way to get rid of them was to shoot them. Yup. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment