You may get the impression that I am kind of frustrated by being trapped in the office. A chance to leave the office is like a holiday to your favorite place, even if it is just going to the fruit stand. Yesterday we got to go to Erbil for some meetings. For now I will just give you the highlights:
Many animals crossing the road.
Beautiful mountains.
Going to the bathroom in something that very closely resembles a hole in the ground.
A dinner under the stars (it was comfortable enough to eat outside).
Meeting people I have been friends with on facebook for years for the first time.
Going to a mall with real shops.
Stopping at an Iraqi truck stop in Dokan.
Buying king size sheets that I hope will fit my bed.
Oh yeah, and some work stuff.
How far away is Erbil from where you live/work? Sounds like you had a good time and nice little adventure! Always good to meet people you've dealt with via work for years but never met face to face!
ReplyDeletePS- It's 60 degrees today! I was actually a little cold walking home from work tonight in a short sleeve shirt.
Dinner under the stars sounds like the best of the list to me!
ReplyDelete